Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR) and supervision of the project manager with close consultation and technical guidance of the International vegetable Production and Farmer Field School Specialist, and in close collaboration with the date palm and dairy FAP’s specialists.
The Technical Project Assistant shall assist the FAO’s specialists to organize and carry out day-to-day project activities under project GCP/IRQ/004/EC entitled: “Restoration and Strengthening the Resilience of Agri-Food Systems in Southern Iraq”.
Tasks And Responsibilities
The Technical Project Assistant shall assist the FAO’s Specialists to:
- Liaise with the Agriculture directorates in the three governorates and other government authorities;
- Assist in the preparation and consolidate technical documents, communication material, etc., including translations from English to Arabic and vice-versa;
- Based on the inputs provided, prepare technical presentations;
- Assist the M&E specialist in collecting and analysing data;
- Assist to identify and quantify equipment, goods and service needs. Assist to prepare technical specifications and to assess technical offers;
- Assist in administrative tasks related to procurement, customs clearance, distribution, installation, commissioning, accounting, training, etc.;
- Assist in technical and logistic tasks for the preparation of trainings, training material and delivering of trainings;
- Assist in the preparation of projects budget and forecasts;
- Provide translation service (Arabic/English) during meetings, missions, training, etc.
- Prepare activity reports.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Bachelor degree in Agriculture Engineering.
- 3 years of relevant experience in Agriculture.
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Iraqi Nationality.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in the south of Iraq, in the tomato and/or date palm sectors.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the tomato and/or date palm sectors.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the crop management, fertigation, IPM, and/or training.
- Familiarity with the extension service in the tomato and/or date palm sectors.
- Familiarity with the tomato and/or date palm production areas in the governorates of Basrah, Thi-Qar and/or Missan
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
15/Feb/2023, 1:59:00 AM
FNIRQ – FAO Representation in Iraq
Type of Requisition
NPP (National Project Personnel)
3 months (with possibility of extension)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fao.org.