Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is seeking applicants for the position of Syrian Paralegal located in Erbil,
Position: Syrian Paralegal
Status: Full-time employee (40h/week)
Based: Erbil, Syrians inside or outside the camps, Iraq
Reports to: Line manager/Clinical leader
Application deadline: February 10, 2023
Duration of contract: 12 months
Starting Date: ASAP
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Conducts public awareness sessions for the Syrian refugees inside and outside the camps.
- Documents and coordinates contents and implementation of public sessions for the Syrians
- Functions as a focal point and contact person for public awareness sessions in Syrian communities.
- Provides basic information on legal issues/mental health
- Provides basic legal/mental health services
- Accompany clients when visiting state institutions
- Supports selection of participants,
- Refers clients to the Jiyan Foundation’s center in Sulaymaniyah and to external partners
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation of the sessions.
- Regularly reports to management.
- Cooperates project team for topics about the public awareness sessions.
- Carries out any other relevant duties according to the professional capacities and position in the organization as assigned by the supervisor or line manager in mutual agreement
- Must hold a Syrian nationality.
- Very good Arabic and Kurdish speaking, English is an advantage.
- Active interest in promoting human rights and social justice; awareness of current events both nationally and internationally.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools and email communication
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Readiness to travel to different locations where Syrian refugees reside.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and cooperate with other project staff.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in professional trainings and seminars by Jiyan Foundation staff.
- Access to Jiyan Foundation’s library
- Working in an international and dedicated team
- Paid holidays (24 days for 40 h/week) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on the occasion of religious festivals, may be agreed upon.
- Voluntary pension scheme with employer contributions
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application, including a motivation letter and your curriculum vitae, via this form:https://form.jotform.com/230351235305443
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage women and disadvantaged groups to apply for this position.