MSI is implementing the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity in Iraq. PMES provides the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. USAID/Iraq has requested PMES’ support to undertake a mid-term evaluation of Enabling Durable Solutions for a Cohesive and Diverse Ninewa Plains Activity, also known as Shared Future (SF), implemented by Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and its partners.
- Please note: Only third country nationals are eligible for this position.**
The Team Lead will have the primary responsibility for the design, execution, evaluation, and reporting of the evaluation, and for providing overall direction to the team members. The Lead will also develop multiple presentations on research methodology, findings, conclusions, and recommendations. The Lead will work under the technical direction of PMES Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. The level of effort for the position is 90 days, allocated between March 15 and October 15, 2023. The position requires travel to Iraq.
- Review project documents provided and other relevant primary and secondary sources.
- Manage the detailed design of the evaluation and draft the inception report.
- Work with USAID/Iraq and the team to prepare a list of necessary interviews and focus group discussions and identify research sites.
- Assign team member roles and responsibilities and provide guidance to and oversight of the other team members, so that the team is able to successfully execute the evaluation.
- Conduct presentations, briefings, and any other meetings requested by the Mission and prepare materials as necessary.
- Conduct field research in Erbil, such as key informant interviews, with project staff and USG representatives.
- Prepare the draft evaluation report, incorporating team members sections as necessary such that the report reads in one voice, and submit to PMES in sufficient time to allow PMES to comment, request and review revisions, and format before submission to USAID.
- Edit draft report to take USAID comments into account and submit final to PMES in sufficient time to allow PMES to comment, request and review revisions, and format, before final submission to USAID.
- Develop Inception Report.
- Develop data collection instruments data collection notes, including transcripts from interviews.
- Develop the draft versions and final evaluation report.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, evaluation, international development, or economics required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience conducting evaluations and/or assessments for USAID in conflict countries, preferably the Middle East and North Africa required.
- Experience with USAID youth programming required.
- Experience in serving as a team lead required.
- Experience in evaluation approaches and methods relevant to this evaluation required.
- Ability to travel to Erbil and Baghdad required.
- Fluency or full professional working proficiency in English required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Organization: 216 MSI
To apply for this job please visit tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com.