Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-H is currently recruiting for an Admin Transit, in Baghdad/Iraq
- In conjunction with headquarters, managing visas, plane tickets and associated required processes for the arrival and departure of international staff from the country
- Coordinating the movements of staff (local and international) and related administrative formalities (passports, visas, per diems) with the projects and headquarters
- Ensuring contact with external partners to stay informed on policies and procedures related to movements, entry/work regulations (immigration, UN, airline companies…)
- Being responsible for all administrative tasks required for personnel transiting through the capital (incl. transportation, briefings, financial matters and lodging)
- Ensuring the update of movement-related tools and Mission contact information and their regular distribution (incl. movement lists and evacuation/lists).
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility (administrative assistants, housekeeping staff, drivers) in order to im-prove people capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Being in charge of the preparation of per diems, modes of telecommunication, and housing/rooming assignments ensuring proper management of guesthouses (furniture, cleaning, food)
- Being responsible for the filing of administrative documents according to MSF standards and local legislation.Sending required documentation to HQ in a timely manner.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Assist the HoM in the context analysis, disseminate relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for MSF internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organisational activities and individual behaviours
- Keep good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and file field contacts (other NGO’s, UN agencies, local authorities…) verifying that they are easily accessible in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- At the request of the HoM, represents MSF in meetings (NGO, official bodies, administration…).
- Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in a country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the HoM, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for International, Regional and Relocated Staff.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Follow up clearances of MSF cargos and informs about any possible planned or extraordinary needs.
- Follow up with MOH, DNGO, NOC and other offices for the approval of cargo transport in the country
- Maintain and update the files and payments of social security in Baghdad
- Ensure proper reception of the IMS and LRS in Baghdad and brief about the security rules of baghdad and follow-up the movements.
- Submit, track and obtain approval of visa applications for locally recruited staff and international mobile staff
- Priorities visa requests based on the date documents are required (priorities are set in accordance with supervisor, the administrative coordinators and/ or Head of Mission).
- Maintain visa, travel permit requests on a tracking file, and circulate to relevant parties. Provide verbal updates when necessary.
- Map visa and administration procedures and report any changes / challenges to the approval process to his/her direct supervisor.
- Travel to different regions within Iraq to visit different governmental bodies, if requested
- Liaise with the Intersectional administrative assistant/Liaison officer in charge of visas in different regions to obtain visa for Kudistan.
- Ensure proper filing of all administrative documents, including, but not exhaustive to include: movement sheets; visa & residency permit sheet; housing tracking sheets; and records of cleaning materials
Office & Guest Houses:
- Supervise, evaluate and direct the cleaners who work in Office and in the Guest houses
- Manage the supply of cleaning products for the Office and Guest Houses
- Keep recording the cleaning products for the domemstic staff (when present)
- Managing the rooms in the houses and reserve the hotel if it is needed for guest.
- Supervise, evaluate and manage the drivers working in the duty location.
- Fix term contract if nongovernmental staff is hired and service agreement if governmental staff is hired (applicants working with government institutions must provide unpaid leave/Non objection certificate before any selection decision made by MSF).
- Intended start date: March, 2023
- Location: Baghdad
- Department: HR,FIN and OPS
- Activity rate: up to 70%
- Level: 8
- Education Degree in administration related studies preffered
- Experience At least one year in administration management or related field
- Languages English
- Knowledge Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, internet)
- Competencies Results and Quality Orientation L2
Teamwork and Cooperation L2
Behavioral Flexibility L2
Commitment to MSF Principles L2
Stress Management L3
How To Apply
Please fill the application form https://forms.office.com/r/TRdbA0ew88
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION: Saturday February 18th , 2023 (5:00 pm)