We are seeking an Agriculture Program Manager to serve with our EARN program. Serving on our team in Iraq, you will have the opportunity to you use your expertise in managing a project focusing on the enhancement of agricultural production through crop diversification. Samaritan’s Purse is engaged in the work of trying to build resiliency among communities by supporting livelihoods, including in the agricultural sector. Are you ready to make an impact? Apply today!
A day in the life of a Agriculture Program Manager, EARN :
In the role of Agriculture Program Manager, EARN, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Implement an agriculture program as the project’s main field operator for Samaritan’s Purse
- Provide overall strategy and vision for the project while meeting project goals and objectives
- Lead and manages the implementation of the establishment or expansion of agroforestry plots
- Supervise or delegate the supervision of contractors, employees, and temporary laborers to ensure equity and quality standards are met
- Coordinate with local authorities, government agencies, and the participants to ensure the completion of activities to the maximum benefit of those involved
- Manage a diverse staff including delegating tasks, building their capacity, appraising and addressing performance, and handling staff conflict
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in Agriculture, Development, Business, Economics, or related field of study, 2-4+ years of technical working experience in development projects management in agriculture or cash projects; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in project management in various sectors including proposal writing, program development, implementation, and monitoring/evaluating methodologies.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Strong project management, organizational, and interpersonal skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Possess time management, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Snuni, Iraq
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic strongly preferred
Travel Expectations: Travel to field sites as necessary; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
To apply for this job please visit careers.samaritanspurse.org.