ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) - Baghdad
The Community Contact Centre Operator is the primary point of contact between a caller and the ICRC. This front-line role is important in leaving callers with a positive impression of the ICRC and in ensuring the ICRC understands and, when appropriate, can be responsive to their needs. In particular, the Contact Centre Operator, must maintain a good overall understanding of the ICRC’s activities and operations in Iraq, feel a sense of ownership in responding to the queries of callers, and be able to distinguish between calls that can be addressed directly and others that will require more detailed follow-up.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Respond to calls, enquiries, and comments. Confidentiality is required when dealing with the caller information.
- Understand the concerns/ issues of the caller and decide on whether to be addressed or required close follow up or referrals.
- Data Collection for each call in the appropriate databases / software.
- Determines eligibility according to the listed requirements.
- Follow up on cases referred to other departments to ensure timely follow-up.
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines, recommending improved procedures.
- Be available for field missions to become better acquainted with ICRC operations in Iraq.
- Participate in monitoring activities for ongoing projects.
Education and Professional Experience required
- University Degree or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a social worker or relevant field.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and results driven.
- Fluent command of English is required and Native speaker or fluency of Arabic.
- Fluency in Kurdish Badini language is a must.
- Computer proficiency Including Microsoft Office Suit.
How To Apply
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates are invited to send their application to [email protected] and write in the subject line “Surname, First name/ Position Name”.
The application should contain a:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts.
- Cover Letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this position and your salary expectations; and
- Minimum of (2) two professional references.
Please note that:
- Applications will only be accepted for Iraqi nationals.
- The successful candidate will undergo a three month-probation period.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB: Should you not have received a response from the ICRC within one month of submission of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting or processing.