Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: PSYCHIATRIST
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is seeking applicants for the psychiatrist position in Baghdad-Iraq.
Reports to: Branch Manager, Head of Trauma Care and Health, Monitoring/Evaluation Department.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Reviews patients’ medical history and collects additional information from family members and psychologists as needed;
- Evaluates patients’ emotional, behavioral, and mental state through discussion, observation and analysis;
- Identifies mental disorders and determines best treatments;
- Develops therapy plans and prescribe medications;
- Analyses medical tests and track patients’ progress together with the Clinical Lead;
- Follows up on the use of medication and adapts treatment (plans).
- Regular and complete documentation of patient data in the patient files and the database;
- Monthly documentation of all activities in a report;
- Ensures data entry.
- Cooperation with clinical lead and therapist for a therapy plan for clients.
- Cooperation with other staff members, centers, and external partners;
- Regularly participates in meetings with other staff across centers.
Representation and networking
- Represents Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights to external stakeholders and participates in meetings or events related to medical services;
- Continuously builds and maintains networks with other local organizations, partners, and stakeholders for collaboration and referrals.
Carry out any other relevant duties according to the professional capacities and position in the organization as assigned by the line manager in mutual agreement.
- Board/PHD degree in Psychiatry;
- Work experience in related filed (desired);
- Basic knowledge in MS Office and data entry;
- Ability to travel, including multi-day trips both nationally and internationally;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team, cooperation with other staff members, centers and external partners;
- Active interest in promoting human rights and social justice.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter outlining your previous work experience and your motivation and CV (both in English) via this https://form.jotform.com/230312037400436
Please note that applications who do not meet the requirements or that are incomplete will not be considered!
The Jiyan Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage women to apply for this position.