1. Outreach communities (leaders, parents, etc.) and disseminate information about the project to promote community support,
2. Establish connections with local organizations with a particular focus on women’s rights organizations, communities and reach out to community members to engage in community-based protection activities,
3. Participate and assist in the organization of project events (practical training and workshops on collaboration between the local actors and communities, consultations with communities, mobilization of community members and leaders, etc.),
4. Assist the communication with the community team leader in coordination with local authorities, formal and informal, as well as refugee/IDP community focal points in each area, establishing and maintaining positive relationships,
5. Conduct dialogues/sessions in the community with related stakeholders, beneficiaries, and other community members,
6. Ensure relevant target groups are identified and informed of the planned events/sessions in advance,
7. Resolve all challenges related to community interventions using community-based approaches,
8. Prepare activities reports on a regular basis and share them with management for reviews and inputs,
9. Respond and adjust to flexible activity scheduling, logistical constraints related to public space management, or social dynamics involving the community and its expectations,
10. Any other tasks or duties that are assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Skills
• University degree in Social Science or related fields.
• Experience in community outreach and creation of awareness-raising campaigns.
• Knowledge in protection programs and experience in NGOs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills mainly in English, Kurdish, and Arabic.
• Excellent communication skills with beneficiaries of different age groups and adults (staff and community members).
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational skills.
• High professional ethics and confidentiality standards in a diverse workplace
• Conducting field trips and travel to other cities as per job requirement
• Flexibility with regard to long working hours or working on weekends if required.