3 * Consultancy (Trainer)- Scope of Work
11 June 2023 to 10 March 2024
Shared Future Project
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the international relief and development agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS supports more than 100 million people in more than 100 countries on five continents. CRS works with local partners to promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies; and serves Catholics in the United States as they live their faith in solidarity with their brothers and sisters around the world. CRS’ world headquarters is in Baltimore, MD. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org
CRS Iraq-Kirkuk seeks three livelihoods consultants/trainers for the Shared Future in Kirkuk for a total period of 10 months, 3-5 days/week, 4 hrs./day. The consultants should support field teams to implement entrepreneurship Training and coaching sessions. The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) will provide an 8–10-week entrepreneurship followed by 6-month coaching sessions for 20-30 (per consultant) youth in Kirkuk, Iraq. The consultant will deliver entrepreneurship training with topics including, how to start a business, conduct market assessments, develop marketing strategies, customer service, financial management, and others as described in detail in the deliverables. A six-month coaching period will follow, where participants will receive support in setting up their businesses. Participants will be expected to attend one group coaching session per month for 2-3 hours and be available for monthly check-in through phone calls and monthly on-site visits. The consultant is expected to support CRS with the data to conduct baseline, midterm, and end-line data collection, targeted evaluation activities, and continuous review and analysis of project monitoring data.
The Consultant will not lead projects, manage staff, or budgets, and the consultant will not have a representational capacity outside the organizations. The purpose of the consultant is not to fill a CRS Iraq staff position but to support the implementation of key training and coaching that require technical skills.
- Project Overview & Background
Enabling Durable Solutions for a Cohesive and Diverse Ninewa Plains, or by its shorter name Shared Future, is a 7.25-year project launched in June 2018, to support families in Ninewa and Kirkuk governorates attain durable solutions after years of displacement caused by the rise and fall of the Islamic State (IS).
Shared Future works closely with youth and community and religious leaders in the Ninewa Plains and Kirkuk to support durable solutions through three strategic objectives:
Qualifications & Skills
- Applications will be accepted from specialized and consultants.
- A minimum of (3-4) years’ experience using adult learning methodologies in similar topics.
- Preference for facilitators with experience training youth and who are familiar with positive youth development methodologies.
- A proven understanding of the profile of micro, small, and medium enterprises in Kirkuk, in terms of size, registration, experience, skills, knowledge, and effective outreach methods, as well as an understanding of challenges and critical gaps faced by different profiles of business across different sectors.
- Consultancy/ training firms must be legally registered with the PA and with any other business regulators, with supporting documentation provided upon request.
- Arabic language proficiency is required as working knowledge of the English language.
- The successful bidder will be required to sign all donor-required documents.
- The consultant cannot be a current employee of CRS Iraq.
- CRS has the right to request illustrations or modifications/negotiations after awarding decision.
- CRS is NOT committed to the least price offer and has the right to cancel or re-advertise this ToR without explicating the reasons.
CRS is an equal opportunity employer, where qualified women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
How To Apply
Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
You can apply via the link below: