Rwanga Foundation is looking for a confident, innovative, and creative individual to join Rwanga Foundation’s team, working on the You Are Not Alone project at Erbil Orphanage. YANA project aims to establish an educational program for children and create an application to facilitate and organize employee tasks. The project began in early 2022 and continues until now. Under the direct supervision of the director of programs, the project general supervisor shall perform the following tasks:
- Supervise social workers, psychologists, and babysitters at the Orphanage
- Close coordination with the government team at Erbil Orphanage
- Develop an appropriate educational and creational monthly plan based on the interests of the children at the Erbil Orphanage
- Create a monthly plan for the employees and designate tasks based on their skills.
- Follow up with the employees to check the implementation of educational, health, psychological, and recreational activities at the Orphanage.
- Attending the monthly coordination meeting (with the government orphanage administration & the Rwanga team), discussing the basic problems, and setting strategic plans and the monthly plan.
- Monitoring the Yana application and assure its working properly
- Meeting with employees to announce the monthly plan, discuss tasks and take advantage of the failures of the past month.
- Follow up on the daily tasks of social workers and psychologists, and develop strategic plans for better working conditions.
- Follow up the monthly reports of the psychologists and develop strategic plans based on the interests of the children.
- improve the educational topics, titles of group counseling sessions, entertainment films, and activities before starting them.
- Evaluate the efficiency and performance of employees.
- Review the monthly report submitted by the project supervisor and submit it to the director of the programs.
- Maintain a good team dynamic.
- Sharing any concerns, major development, and technical requests for the project with the director of the programs and sharing any administrative and operational requests with the project coordinator.
- Conduct monthly meetings with the director of the programs to discuss the progress of the last month and overview next month’s work plan.
Qualifications & Skills
Requirements and skills
- University degree in psychology or related field is essential
- At least 5 years of experience in psychology or related field
- Previous work experience with local or international non-governmental organizations
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in Kurdish, English, and Arabic.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and project management tools
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritizing administrative skills
- Commitment to high professional ethics and confidentiality standards in a diverse workplace
- Flexible with working hours, working during holidays and under pressure.
- Flexible to attend meetings, conferences, training, and workshops outside the duty station.
- Able to travel within the country.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
- Application closing date:(28th February 2023)
- Applicants should submit their CVs to the link ( http://bit.ly/3Z53ZgL)
- Email after the closing date will not be considered.
- Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Rwanga Foundation HR policies and procedures.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews