Terms of Reference for MEAL Intern
Supervision and Management
The MEAL team will oversee the intern, including providing induction, orientation, and training on the Oxfam MEAL system. The HR team will be available also to assist with setting up the intern.
Oxfam GB-Iraq will provide a computer, email, desk, internet connection, and stationery in the office. Oxfam will pay 40,500 IQD per day to cover the cost of food and transportation to and from the office. Transportation to meetings will be provided by Oxfam drivers when available.
No other remuneration will be offered.
The intern will provide operational assistance to the MEAL and Program team in the following areas:
· Working closely with the MEAL Officer, review/update MEAL plans on regular basis, in close coordination with project teams and Oxfam’s partners.
· Support the MEAL officer in Ninewa to implement the MEAL activities of various projects activities according to MEAL framework.
· Field data collection and data management:
– Overseeing recruitment and training of data collectors.
– Carrying out and supervising data collection (Focus group discussions, post-distribution monitoring surveys, observations etc.) and data entry. Support the coordination of field-based data collection activities.
· Making initial data processing and coordinate with Project Team and partners in finalizing quantitative and qualitative data analyses and drafting of reports.
· Reports to / alerts the project team on regular basis on any anticipated project issues, risks and any emerging opportunities and threats to the project implementation, related to this role.
· Support the MEAL officer in the establishment and management of a beneficiary database system.
· Supports the MEAL team and Project Management in producing clear and quality reports that demonstrate accountability and learning.
· Conduct field monitoring visits to all project activities in Ninewa and support the MEAL officer to prepare the field monitoring reports.
· Support the MEAL officer to ensure all MEAL-related data and files are properly organized and stored
Qualifications & Skills
- Strengthens and manages complaint and feedback mechanism in area of operation.
- Shares feedback and complaints with field teams and track follow-up.
- Support the MEAL officer to prepare the weekly & monthly accountability reports.
Learning and documentation:
- Organize/support field-based reviews and learning events
- Following up with the MEAL enumerators, attendance sheets, payment and contracts.
How To Apply
As a part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this post, please visit the job advert using below link:
Kindly note that the selection process will be on a rolling basis. Due to the urgency of the position, Oxfam has reserved the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Application only should be WORD-PDF format.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.