Job Title: Sr. Assoc, Logistics (Logistics Specialist)
Responsible for providing logistical support to both internal and external customers, assuring the correct spares, materials, tools, and equipment arrive at the appropriate time and place, in the right quantities, in order to support the maintenance production process. Reviews maintenance production schedules and related information and confers with supervision to determine materials, tools, equipment, and supplies required to support aircraft maintenance, flight operations, and facilities. Maintains and executes established policies and procedures pertaining to inventory control, transportation, and warehouse functions. Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease cycle time and streamline work processes, and works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Determines logistical support sequences, lead times, transportation requirements, stock levels, and implements support plans for the maintenance production schedule.
- Maintains an efficient and effective supply system; assures that all supplies, tools, and equipment are on-hand to support the production process in a timely manner. Performs inventory cycle counts and audits as required.
- Maintains compliance with company and government Communications Security (COMSEC) policies and procedures. Controls issue, storage and shipment of classified sensitive items.
- Ensures compliance with ITAR and IATA/49CFR regulations for shipment of materials, parts, tools and supplies.
- Maintain and observe procedures for the control and turn-in of serviceable and unserviceable, recoverable and repairable parts, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Prepares, records, reports and other applicable documents pertaining to the procurement, acquisition, issue, turn-in, and disposal of government parts, materials, supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Receives stores, and issues tools, machine tool fixtures, and measuring devices. Inspects, audits, and ensures that measuring devices are calibrated.
- Maintains records of tools issued to employees; reports damaged, worn out, or missing tools and equipment. Disposes of surplus or obsolete tools in accordance with established procedure.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelors degree in appropriate field and a minimum of 6 years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Military and/or aviation supply support experience is preferred.
- Possess excellent communicative (written and oral) and interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and other key staff in order to produce high quality and timely results.
- The individual must be knowledgeable of Military or commercial supply and logistical systems/plans. Knowledge of SAP desired.
- The individual must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to obtain and maintain secret level security clearance.
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team if required.
- Must be in good physical condition, and capable of completing and passing required annual physical exams and CRC course requirements prior to OCONUS deployment.
- Applicant must be able to work in OCONUS locations under hazardous and hardship living conditions, working shift schedules as assigned, 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to support mission requirements.
To apply for this job please visit careers.l3harris.com.