IVY is a non-profit organization. The headquarter is located in Japan. IVY engage in educational support for refugees, IDP, and host communities, such as school rehabilitation projects and teacher’s training projects. Our projects are mainly founded by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Japan.
- Supervising and following up construction and rehabilitation works in Sinjar, Erbil and any other requested areas in Iraq to ensure the works are in line with the BOQ and relevant plans.
- Making weekly written reports with photos of the construction and rehabilitation works with pictures in requested format and submitting them to the IVY staff on time.
- Preparing BoQ and drawings standardly and based on the IVY producers
- Checking the relevant documents such as BOQ for the construction.
- Assisting proposal preparation through visiting project sites, data collection for construction activities, and developing BOQ and other construction related documents.
- Coordinating with engineers and other staff of the governmental involved parties.
- Participating in activities and other aspects related to the above project.
- Assisting the IVY staff with other reasonable tasks as requested.
- Facilitate coordination and site meetings and write reports.
- Visiting the projects and checking the project as required.
- Control the quality and technical requirements of the project and ensure compliance with the construction study design and standards.
- If a re-evaluation is needed, provide technical description and cost estimation in anticipation of the continuation of the waste management related activities and mitigation plan.
- Manage and monitor the progress of the various milestones set in the general contractor’s contract.
- Engineer is responsible for ensuring that companies follow all relevant safety standards (HSE).
- Following and coordination with Erbil office and visiting Duhok once a month if required.
- Engineer is required to comply with IVY’s Code of Conduct. Specific responsibility of the Engineer is as follows:
(1) Sign and comply to all the code of conduct and related policies and conduct everyday work in line with humanitarian principles with high professional ethical standard.
(2) Monitor the work of contractors (or sub-contractors) so that they are also carrying out their construction/procurement work with professional ethical standard in a legal manner. If any doubt of the wrong doing is observed, inform to IVY’s staff about the incidents.
(3) Monitor the work of contractors (or sub-contractors) so that they do not engage in any behavior that is physically or sexually abusive against the people in the target area and project beneficiaries, or any other inappropriate behaviors. If any doubt of abusive or inappropriate behaviors is found, inform to IVY’s staff about the incidents.
1) Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or relevant degree.
2) Experience in an engineering role at least three years.
3) Experience in school construction. (Having Prefab experience is plus)
4) Excellent knowledge in making BOQ (Bill of Quantities).
5) Fluent in writing and speaking in English, Arabic and Kurdish is plus.
6) Excellent in monitoring projects and collecting the data.
7) Excellent in team working, communication and writing the reports.
How To Apply
Please send a CV and Cover Letter as a PDF to our email below (only via email).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the further process.
If you have some questions, please feel free to ask.
Takashi Saito (Country director in IVY Iraq office)
Deadline : 2023-02-23source: NCCI