ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) - Najaf
EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
VACANCY: Security Guard
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times.
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, IRSP (International Retirement savings plan), medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance, and social security scheme).
Job Title: Security Guard (5 positions)
Duty Station: Iraq – Nasiriyah Office
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 14 February 2023
Deadline for applications: 27 February 2023
The Security Guard maintains security in the assigned premises and performs security screening of people and/or vehicles, in addition to reporting incidents to the line manager and security guard team leader.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- Primary school education.
- Two years of work experience in such a position.
- Very good in written and spoken Arabic language and basic knowledge of English.
How To Apply
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).
Deadline : 2023-02-27source: NCCI